It took us months of trials and testing to be able to confidently say the DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer is the best brad nailer out there .
DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit
- Long life maintenance-free motor to keep from staining the work surface
- Tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment with detents for proper setting of nail heads
- Tool-free jam release mechanism for easy nail removal
- Rear exhaust to keep contaminates away from work
- Drives 18 gauge nails from 5/8" to 2" length
Have you been shopping around for a brad nailer but are not quite sure what to look for? Are you interested in a little help in finding the best one to suit your needs and budget?
We spent a lot of time testing out the various brad nailers on the market, judging them by a number of different factors before making our minds up as to which of them was the best product currently available.
Among the many things we look at are the range of brads used, ease of depth adjustment, ease of use, weight, ease of jam clearing, and durability.
Table of contents
Who should get this brad nailer?
A brad nailer is a tool that securely drives very thin-gauge nails (or “brads”) into lightweight woodwork. This product is perfect for the home handyman, farmer, or anyone facing looking for a solid compressed air powered nailer.
A brad nailer is ideal for tasks like building or repairing fences, installing wood flooring, attaching trim and molding, working on small construction projects, and many other woodworking tasks.
This nailer accepts 18 gauge brads ranging in diameter from 5/8″ to 2″, making the tool a versatile way to save time and effort.
Why should you get this?
- Easy to Operate
Setting this brad nailer up takes no more than a few minutes and operation could not be simpler. It even has a yellow tab that lets you know when to reload.
- Easy to Clear Jams
The tool-free jam release mechanism makes clearing a jam very simple. No screws or bolts to remove, no complex covers that fall on the ground or get lost.
- Large Brad Length Range
Only you can really know what you are going to be working on in the future or what length of brads you are likely to need. This tool can fire 5/8″ to 2″ inches in length and sink them to the exact depth required.
- Easy Depth Adjustment
Tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment lets you make an adjustment on the fly. The adjuster features segmented notches (or “detents”) designed to help you with the correct countersink setting, making it much easier to swap sizes than having to look at a gauge and trying to set the depth.
- Rear Exhaust
No one wants a bunch of dirt and oil splattered on their work. The rear exhaust port ensures that air from the nailer is blasted backward away from the work surface. Plus, the long-life, maintenance-free motor is also sealed to help eliminate any risk of contaminants getting on your wood work surface.
- Easy-to-Read Icons
Easy-to-read depth adjustment icons are located right by the adjuster, designed to make changing the depth a breeze.
- Compressed Air Power
While there are many different cordless brad nailers on the market, compressed air power ensures constant speed and depth. It also ensures that you won’t suffer from a dead battery in the middle of a project. While batteries have very limited lifespans, the compressed air stays at the correct pressure until you turn it off.
- Ergonomic Grip
The grip has been ergonomically designed to help relieve strain when using for a long period of time. The non-slip rubber material helps you keep a firm grip and helps to improve accuracy.
Did you know?
The first nail gun was designed by Morris Pynoos. He was a civil engineer by trade and designed the nail gun while working with Howard Hughes building the Spruce Goose.
- Not for Beginners
Using any type of compressed air-powered tool like a brad nailer is not for the beginner. You should have at least some experience or someone to instruct you on proper safe usage.
- Parts Not Easy to Find
While this is a solidly-built brad nailer, if you do break something, you may find that parts can be a bit challenging to find.
- Built for Smaller Jobs
This is not a commercial-grade tool and is not made to be used on long-term, large-scale jobs. It is intended more for the home handyman or the farmer with fences to mend.
Sale BOSTITCH BTFP12233 Smart Point 18GA Brad Nailer Kit
- SMART POINT TECHNOLOGY: Easy nail placement due to a smaller nose and no need to compress the contact trip to actuate the tool.
- DRIVES: 18 GA Brad Nails from 5/8" to 2-1/8" length.
- TOOL-FREE JAM RELEASE MECHANISM: For easy nail removal.
- DIAL-A-DEPTH(TM) CONTROL: For precise countersinking of nails.
- KIT INCLUDES: Nailer, 1/4" Air Fitting, Sample Fasteners, Carrying Case and Extra No-Mar Tips
WEN 61720 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
- Fire brads from 3/4 to 2 inches in length
- Operate at 60 to 100 PSI with a 1/4-inch NPT air inlet fitting
- Lightweight aluminum body weighs in at 3 pounds with rubber-grip handle for maximum comfort
- Hold up to 100 brads in the magazine with a quick-release to make jam clearing a breeze
- Includes oil, two adjustment wrenches and a custom carrying case
Makita AF505N Brad Nailer, 2-Inch
- Narrow nose design allows easy nailing access in confined areas
- "Tool-less" quick release cam-lock opens nail guide assembly to easily clear jammed nails; efficient design minimizes downtime
- Easy to use "tool-less" depth adjustment dial for a wide variety of finish applications
- Non-marring rubber nose and bumpers protect the wood's surface from being scratched or damaged
- Tool hook can be rotated 180° so tool can remain close by, but never in the way
The DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit provides you with a versatile tool that can be used in a wide range of applications, ranging from repairing fencing to furniture making and light construction.
The long-life, maintenance-free motor not only helps keep the work area clean but has more than enough power to drive 2″ brads into most hardwoods with ease.
The easy to use and set depth-of-drive adjustment with precision detents make setting depth so simple you can literally change it on the fly.
While this brad nailer rarely suffers from jams, the tool-less jam clearing system gets you back up and running in a hurry.
One of the best things about the DEWALT DWFP12231 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2-Inch Brad Nailer is that it is one of most affordable models in its class and certainly gives you a good, healthy return on your investment.