After going through numerous blocks of wood, we found the DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw to be the best circular saw available.
Sale DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw, Tool Only
- Powerful 460 MWO, 5,150 RPM motor delivers power and speed to make the most demanding cuts with ease
- High strength and lightweight magnesium shoe provides jobsite durability for long-term cut accuracy
- 0-50°(degree) bevel capacity allows for aggressive bevel cuts for a multitude of applications
- Optimized rubber overmolded comfort grip delivers optimal balance and control; Power Tool Type: Cordless
- 6.5-Inch carbide-tipped blade for cutting 2 times material at 90° and 45° and more cuts per charge
Looking for the circular saw that’s going to be perfect for you?
We understand that comparison shopping for tools can be difficult — especially when you’re not even sure what product features to look for or what price represents the best possible value.
We’ve scanned all of the top circular saws on the market today to give you the best option.
Having taken an in-depth look at all of the aspects of the top circular saws — including weight, power source, speed, warranty, and ease of use — we’ve found Dewalt’s DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw to be of superior quality and value.
Table of contents
Who should get this circular saw?
A cordless circular saw is a huge time-saver for those casual everyday projects where you don’t want to spend time finding an extension cord or outlet. With a circular saw, you can just grab and go.
If you’re constantly working on a lot of casual projects that don’t take up large parts of your day, this saw is for you. Alternatively, if you’re a professional and need to use this saw for your craftsman or construction jobs, this cordless circular saw is powerful enough to handle all small cross cuts and works great on hard woods.
Anyone can grab this circular saw and be satisfied by its ease of use and its power.
Why should you get this?
One of the biggest perks of this saw is that it is cordless, allowing you to grab it and immediately start working without the hassle of finding an outlet and extension cord. A lot of people will make their purchase decision based solely on the fact that this product is cordless and has the mobility that even some more powerful saws are lacking. Let’s face it: sometimes having a corded saw is inconvenient and even unsafe.
- Immediate Rotation Stoppage
Another unique feature of this DEWALT circular saw is that the blade will automatically stop spinning immediately after you release your finger from the power button. This mechanism makes the brakes option obsolete, as every time you need to stop sawing, all you have to do is let go.
- Blade Choice
This circular saw uses a 5/8-inch harbor which allows you to use a variety of different blades. This means you can invest in high-quality blades, yielding better results for all of your projects. Note that all blades will become dull over time, but the circular saw itself will remain in great condition.
- Three Year Warranty
The DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw comes with a three year limited warranty. DEWALT will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials for three years from the date of purchase. However, this three year warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or any type of tool abuse. This three-year limited warranty also does not apply to any accessories or any damage caused by repairs attempted or made by a third party. For more information on the extent of the warranty, check the DEWALT website or contact them via phone.
The handle on the DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw has a rubber mold which allows for the ultimate grip — this is essential when dealing with a dangerous, high-powered product. This essential feature puts safety first.
- Cutting Angle Ability
The DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw has a bevel that rotates between 0 and 50 degrees. All you need to do is release the lever holding the bottom plate and adjust placement according to the degree markings. Then, simply let the circular do its work.
Did you know?
The DeWalt company started producing radial arm saws in 1924, in Leola, Pennsylvania, USA. Their office is now headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Battery Sold Separately
One downside to the DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw is that it does not come with any batteries included. That means that you will have to purchase your own battery and make sure that it fits and works well with the product. Additionally, battery life tends to be limited — if you’re planning to work on a particularly long project, buying multiple batteries is recommended.
20v batteries can be ordered here: Dewalt 2 Pack Battery w/ a charger
This DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw tends to blow dust and debris up into the air during use. Use of protective goggles and thick, sturdy clothing is strongly recommended. Note that the high volume of debris does not affect the performance of the product itself.
SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Single Beam Laser Guide
- 15-Amp motor for more power and performance than the SKIL 5680
- 15% weight reduction vs. SKIL 5680, reduces user fatigue
- Single beam laser for more accurate cuts
- Carrying bag for convenient portability and storage
- 51Degree bevel with positive stop at 45Degree for greater cut capacity that SKIL 5680
Sale Ryobi P506 One+ Lithium Ion 18V 5 1/2 Inch 4,700 RPM Cordless Circular Saw with Laser Guide and Carbide-Tipped Blade (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only)
- EASY GRIP: Rubber overmold makes it easy for you to grip and control this tool, even in slippery conditions
- LASER GUIDE: The tool generates a red line on the work surface in front of the saw upon the tool's activation, letting you see where you're working
- ADJUSTMENT: Easy-access knobs let you adjust your depth up to 1 9/16 inches and your beveling angle from 0 to 50 degrees
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This tool is compatible with many Ryobi battery, including the P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
- INCLUDED BLADE AND BLADE WRENCH: A 5 1/2 inch blade, tipped with carbide to reduce corrosion and wear, is included. The wrench used to remove the blade is included in a slot on the tool
Makita XSS02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Circular Saw, 6-1/2-Inch, Tool Only
- 2-1/4" Maximum Cutting Capacity
- Makita-built motor delivers 3,700 RPM for faster cutting and ripping through wood
- Heavy gauge, precision machined base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
- 50Degree maximum bevel cutting capacity
- Weighs only 7.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
The DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw is a well-designed product that is set the give you the ultimate value..
The cordless feature gives you everything you want in a corded saw without significantly compromising the power. During use, this saw allows the user to stop and start easily.
Finally, DEWALT’s cordless circular saw allows you to change blades to suit the type of material that you’d like to cut, making it a great choice for both hobbyists and true professionals.
This cordless circular saw will actually work, and will hold up to heavy use time and time again. The warranty is a testament to DEWALT’s belief in the longevity of their products. All in all, it’s hard to go wrong by investing in this product.