After many hours of testing, we’ve found that the Bostich N62FNK-2 is the best finish nailer on the market.
BOSTITCH N62FNK-2 15-Gauge 1 1/4-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch Angled Finish Nailer
- 1 1/4-inch to 2-1/2-inch 15-gauge oil-free angled finish nailer
- Tool-free removable and angled magazine; adjustable depth control; bypass nail pusher
- Durable, lightweight magnesium housing
- Includes 4 profile tips along with sample fasteners
- 11.63-by-3.13-inches; extremely light 3.8-pounds; 7-year limited warranty
Are you looking for a finish nailer? If so, you might be a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices available. But you don’t have to search anymore! We tested many models and eventually found the best finish nailer available today.
Our review took several factors into consideration. Specifically, we looked at driving power, magazine loading capacity, depth control, weight, and ease of use.
The Bostich N62FNK-2 meets all of these criteria, earning it our confident recommendation — the product even exceeded our expectations by incorporating some unexpected features!
Table of contents
Who should get this finish nailer?
A finish nailer is just what it sounds like — a tool that drives nails into the “finishes,” or lightweight, decorative parts, of a construction project. It’s appropriate for use on window and door trim, molding, and various other woodworking and architectural elements (for driving nails into smaller, softer surfaces, consider using a brad nailer instead).
Finish nailers can be a powerful addition to the toolboxes of DIY home remodelers and professional contractors and workers alike.
Why should you get this?
You can set the PSI (pounds per square inch) level of this power tool anywhere from 70-120. It also has a driving power of 400 in/lbs. This force allow you to quickly and securely drive nails into your working surface.
Magnesium housing contruction makes this nailer only make this nailer not only durable but surprisingly lightweight, at only 3.8 lbs. With dimensions of about 16 x 14 x 4 inches, the tool is perfect for jobs that require you to carry it from place to place.
- Oil Free
This product is oil free. This means you don’t need to worry about having to constantly apply oil for it to work. This also means that there won’t be any stains left behind once the nail is applied. This is in contrast to many finish nailers that will sometimes leave behind a slight oil mark on the working surface after applying the nail.
This 15-gauge finish nailer features a 34 degree angled magazine, ensuring that nails are securely driven into your working surface. There is also an adjustable depth control that allows you to determine how deep to drive your nails — an important features if you’re working on multiple surfaces of different thickness. Finally, the nailer’s swivel air fitting feature helps you to move the finish nailer around easily without getting the connected air hose getting in the way.
- Magazine Capacity
This finish nailer’s magazine has the capability to hold 130 nails. It will work with nails that are between 1.25 to 2.5 inches long.
- All the Power of a Full-Size Saw
The thin blade allows the saw to operate at maximum speed, rivaling the cutting power and speed of the bigger saw. Thicker blades tend to bog down, not something you are likely to see with the thinner blades.
- Rear Exhaust and Air Blower
The nailer’s rear exhaust feature will work to push the air being used to power the tool away from you. There’s also an air blower in the tool that will work to remove dust from your working space so you can see better when using this finish nailer.
- LED Light
One pleasant bonus is an LED light that you can use to help see better in dark or confined spaces.
Did you know?
The first air pressured nail gun was introduced in the 1950’s and was used to speed up construction of the floors. 40-60 nails a minute was a big improvement over manual labor! It had a capacity of 400-600 nails.[Wikipedia
- Difficult in Corners
One drawback is that this nailer can be awkward and difficult to use in corners; in such situations, it also might not be able to properly apply nails into the angles.
- Tends to Jam
The user also has to watch to make sure that this finish nailer doesn’t jam. Sometimes nails can end up jamming inside the tool, which can lead to damage to both your working surface and to the tool itself.
DEWALT DC618K XRP 18-Volt Cordless 1-1/4 Inch - 2-1/2 Inch 16 Gauge 20 Degree Angled Finish Nailer Kit
- Engine design allows the tool to work as fast as the end user with consistent nail penetration into both soft and hard joints
- Sequential operating mode allows for precision placement and the bump operating mode provides the user with production speed.
- Easy access to the nosepiece for the removal of jammed nails without the use of screwdrivers or tool wrenches
- Contact Trip Lock-Off allows trigger to be disabled when not in use. 20-degree angled magazine (up to 120 nail capacity) and will accept DEWALT and most other 20-degree angled finish nails
- Integrated LED lights for long life and durability; Top cap is impact resistant and easy to remove for troubleshooting
Sale Hitachi NT65M2S 16-Gauge Finish Nailer with Integrated Air Duster, 2-1/2-Inch, Silver
- Tool-less depth of drive dial allows the user to easily adjust the drive depth for a professional finish
- Integrated air duster button allows air from the compressor to bypass the nailing function and expel air from a hole in the front of the nailer allowing the user to clear away dust and debris from the work surface
- Elastomer grip adds comfort and provides a secure hold
- Ergonomically designed simple flip actuation switch for easy transitions between bump fire or sequential fire modes
- Tool-less, easy-to-clear nose for quick and simple nail extraction should a nail jam during use
Makita AF635 15 Gauge, 2-1/2" Angled Finish Nailer, 34⁰,
- Powerful motor drives 15 gauge "DA" style angled finish nails from 1-1/4" to 2-1/2"
- Magnesium body, aluminum MAGAZINE and cylinder deliver strength and durability
- "Tool-less" depth adjustment for more precise flush and Countersink nailing
- Nail lock-out mechanism protects tool and work surface from dry-fires
- Built-in air duster provides convenient air flow to clear work surface
This finish nailer is one of the best on the market. It has strong driving power, the ability to hold many nails in its magazine, and features an adjustable depth control. With added features like LED lighting and an air blower, it’s also incredibly user-friendly. This finish nailer will get the job done right and is easy to use. Because of this, the Bostich N62FNK-2 is our pick as the best finish nailer available.